A digital marketing agency always needs to be up to date with design trends and finding more productive and creative ways to effect good design. On 3rd August, Nordic Intent’s Creative Director conducted a session on enhancing our design skills.
It was a highly interactive session with the entire Creometric team in attendance, including the designers, copywriters and digital marketers. Questions were asked a dime a dozen which were all addressed in painstaking detail. Some of the key points highlighted through the questions:
- Be a squirrel and a hoarder! Even if a particular design gets rejected, store it. You never know when an opportunity might come knocking on your door. When it does, you could just dip into your archives and use a design that had previously been rejected!
- When designing an artwork/campaign from square one, always sketch out the rough copy on a notepad. Dabbling in various softwares for the purpose of rough sketches takes up far more time than a notepad sketch.
- When working on a design campaign, set a strategy in place before jumping into the designing end of things. Establish certain templates that most of the posts can adopt.
- Get second (and even third) opinions before finalising a design.
- When pitching designs/logos to clients, make sure you have a verbal narrative that can backup your visuals.
This session has certainly helped Creometric streamline their design process all the more.
To see some of their work, visit Creometric.