As a leading digital marketing agency in Goa, our team at Creometric constantly holds what we call CreoTive sessions on a variety of topics pertaining to what we do. Last week’s session was on AB testing and was taken by our Chief Operations Officer, Kurt Bento.
Kurt began this CreoTive session by explaining what exactly AB testing is. Also known as a split test, this is an integral part of digital marketing. It begins when the digital marketing team receives a brief from a client regarding the promotion of their product or service. Going further, the team will then come up with two ideas for ads or creative posts, one known as the controller and the other as the challenger. Both will have one discerning factor which can be the colour used in the ad or the post, the copy, or even the placement of the call to action button.
Digital marketers run split tests in order to experiment and see how best they can get more leads or sales, from an ad or a creative post. In doing so, they can:
- Learn how customers actually respond, rather than how they think they will respond, which can happen with data taken from surveys.
- Create more effective content.
- Increase traffic and visitor engagement.
- Reduce risk by testing any and all changes before making them permanent.
- Increase revenue. If one can get more leads and sales by making small changes, then the business becomes more profitable.
Simply put, it is an experiment where two creatives or ads are pitched against each other to determine which one performs better. The post or ad with a higher conversion goal or rate obviously wins.
This was an especially important CreoTive session for the Creometric team since they are constantly on the lookout for ways to help boost their clients’ brands and increase revenue.